It’s Maria again, and today we’ve got some exciting news for you all about the Pop-Up Killiney x MangaMon Café that opened just last Friday. Gramedia Bookstore’s very own Elex Media Publishing has teamed up with the #1 Japanese e-manga retailer to provide Indonesian fans a legal way to read their favourite comics online.
We all grew up with Doraemon, Crayon Shin Chan and Sailor Moon, but now comics have come into the new age and your very favourite characters are here to help promote and educate you about it! They’re giving away lot’s of free things, so don’t forget to check out the Pop-Up Killiney x MangaMon Café Cheat Sheet if you’re running short on time. Also, please subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest news (‘:
The Pop-Up Killiney x MangaMon Café employs twenty seven cosplayers who have all participated in various competitions and events. You may even know some of them! They act as the representatives for MangaMon Indonesia and are there to answer all of your questions.
On weekends there are six cosplayers on stand-by at all times with a change in shift in the middle of the day (so if you want to see and take photos with twelve cool people, come in the afternoon!). On weekdays though, there are only two.
Today our two help staff were Mikan and Lydia who were cosplaying Honoka and Kotori from Love Live!
I watched as they put on their battle gear and transformed from average girls to superstar idols. Even so early on a weekday morning, there were already groups of people waiting for them to make their appearance.
Apart from the food and drinks usually served at Killiney Kopitiam, the Pop-Up Killiney x MangaMon Cafe has four unique services that can’t be found anywhere else.
Killiney x MangaMon Cafe’s Services:
- Guests will receive 1 x MangaMon Voucher to trade in for an e-Manga
- Guests who cosplay will receive an extra 10 x MangaMon Vouchers
- Trade in your old comics for a maximum of 5 x MangaMon Vouchers
- Leave an interesting message on an Ema Card
- 1 random winner will be chosen daily to receive original artworks and figurines
- The best Ema Cards will be hung up for display and will win a clear file or 10 x MangaMon Vouchers
Every morning, Cosplay Manager Aya san announces the winner of the daily giveaway which comprises everything from anime-inspired canvas artworks to limited edition figurines. All the decorations in the store are daily prizes so if you spot something you like (and most of them are expensive), make sure you keep coming back to check when they’ll be given away.
When you do come to visit, don’t be camera shy! The MangaMon representatives are always encouraging their guests to take as many pictures as they want.
As you can see, you’re bound to have a great time at the Pop-Up Killiney x MangaMon Cafe. All their services are free provided you pay for the food and drinks of course. So follow our guide and you could be taking home 26 brand new comics to read over the weekend (:
Pop-Up Killiney x MangaMon Cafe Cheat Sheet:
- There are six cosplayers on the weekends so come then (and aim for the shift-change)
- Get your friends together and come in cosplay for 10 free comics each
- Remember to trade in your old comics
- Bring your camera and take lots of pictures!
- Before you go, write a message on an Ema card for a chance to win prizes
- Then, download the app for on-the-go fun
When: Friday 22 January – Monday 22 February 2016
Mon – Sun ; 10:00 – 20:00
Where: Killiney Kopitiam
Gramedia Matraman, Lantai Ground,
Jl. Matraman Raya, East Jakarta
(take the escalator inside the bookstore once and then turn left)
Price: All MangaMon services are free!